Wednesday, November 14, 2012

THE ART OF RITUAL

free digital photos.net
There was a time when my days began with a morning meditation.  I did it for many years without fail.  Meditation helped me focus and quiet my mind.  The ritual was so important to me but slowly, so slowly, I began to wane from my practice.  I don't know when it happened and now I am struggling to get it back.

Sometimes, when I am in my studio I find myself lost in the jumble of books and fiber and glue and paint and.......it is a mess for sure.  I need the ritual to keep me focused and to allow the universal creative energy to flow through me.  Practicing a ritual not only takes dedication but it is an art form all of its own.  It is why I chose the name Creative Meditations for my art.  And yet, here I am lost, unfocused and feeling as though I lack the dedication not just to my art, but to myself.  I know that I can start my daily practice again.  It is important that I do so.  It is why I decided to share this with you in this very public forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive