Saturday, November 17, 2012

ART QUILT GROUP

Rainbow Fish
 This morning I made the beautiful drive to Delmar to visit with other members in our Art Quilt Group.  I almost didn't go but I am so glad that I did.  It is always so inspiring to see what the members have been doing since we last met and boy have they been busy.   The picture on the right is one of what I call a free-form project where one of the members made a trace of a fish and we translated it in fabric.  Each one different.  Each one as delightful as the next.  Rainbow Fish is my translation and it was really fun to do.  Before I knew it the project took on a life of its own and ended up in blue waters with a small school of fish swimming around it.  This is what the final quilt looked like
just before I put the beaded fish on it.  It was a fun project with interesting techniques used.

We also talked about what inspires us when we are designing an art quilt.  Members brought in their favorite books (we don't only collect fabric you know) which was interesting because no one brought in the same book.  And although, all of us have books and books and books about art and quilting and art quilting members actually brought in books that were not familiar to the rest of us!  There are books out there that I have yet to own!!!!!  I have to say though, that we really read and use our books and magazines.  How wonderful.  I feel so lucky to be a part of this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive