Friday, August 26, 2011

A DAY WITH MY FRIEND JOANN


Yesterday my friend Joann and I spent the day  traveling from yarn shop to yarn shop.  We had a great time but had a few eye openers as well. I almost bought the most wonderful yarn at one store but when I found out it was $43.00 dollars a skein I quickly put it back.  The store was great and had very different yarns from most stores and the woman there was very kind.  She told us that the store was mainly an internet store and that they did about 40 orders a day.  Holy Yarnshop!!!!!  I told Joann that we need to open up a shop and buy wholesale so we can play with yarn like that.  So much for a bad economy.  The yarn I chose was wonderful but not $43 dollars worth of wonderful.  We had high hopes though because our journey was taking us to other shops where we knew we might find other, less expensive treasures. So we ventured down to Rhinebeck where we did indeed find some very nice yarn for a more reasonable price.  Overall, we had a great trip and am looking forward to the next  Joann adventure.

For those of you who are familiar with Greenville, NY, you need to venture out to "Witts End" a wonderful antique and second hand barn on Rt 411 which is right off Rt 405.  Or beading class was given a heads up on this place during our week at the Greenville Arms  Fiber Arts beading class with Nancy Erhn.  Check out Kim's blog while you are on my page.  Catch everyone later.

3 comments:

  1. Or beading should be Our beading class..sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi, do you have the URL for this shop? I'm doing an online surface embroidery class with Sharon Boggons and have been playing around with different thread and yarn. Sounds like you had a great road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do, it is www.fabulousyarn.com/fabyarn.shtml. We did have a great time. It is always fun running the roads with Joann.

    ReplyDelete

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive