Monday, November 25, 2013

HOME IN THE STUDIO


playing in the studio
It really feels good to be back home playing in the studio.  Dream Designs has been to different craft fairs and although it was fun and we met lots of wonderful people I was tired and ready for a break.  Now I can concentrate on art quilting and other things.

This weekend Jay and I will be with family for our traditional Thanksgiving Free-For-All.  I love being with my brothers and sisters and although a couple of us will not be able to come this year, we truly will miss them.  There is a bit of a story behind this yearly gathering.

 One day my sister and I were reminiscing about family gatherings we enjoyed as children.  We had some real characters in our family; treasures to be sure.  In an Italian family, at least in our Italian family, the jokes would flow along with the vino.  And the food.....can we talk about the food?  Oh my God.  It was amazing and so delicious.  I can't remember one thing that was offered that we didn't like.  And so much of it!  The laughter was contagious and we knew what a good time we were going to have.  There were the aunts with lots of makeup, long nails and big hair.  I thought they were beauty queens for sure.  Then there were our uncles who were always giving us money when no-one was looking.  So many conversations going on at once.  It was grand. My sister and I decided that our children and their children should not miss out on family gatherings and so it was declared that Thanksgiving weekend was the Porrazzo (and anyone else who wants to join) fiasco,to be held yearly at Auntie Pam and Uncle Norm's house.  I have to say that it is one of the best ideas Pam and I have come up with so far.

Thank you Auntie Pam and Uncle Norm for allowing us to share and laugh until our sides hurt. But most of all, Thank you for being the loving family that you are.

May you always be happy,
May you always be healthy,
May there always be a circle of love around you both.


No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive