Monday, October 18, 2010

A WEEKEND OF CREATIVE ENERGY

My friend Cate and her husband came up from NC for a visit. It was terrific seeing her and fun to go to the Rhinebeck Wool Festival. There was so much to see and so much wool. There were spinners and weavers. I almost bought a pair of glass knitting needles for $60.00 dollars. I really, really, really wanted them but couldn't convince myself that they were something I couldn't do without. I am proud of myself because I didn't. I am on a diet and eye candy is on the "do not buy" list!!

Cate spins. brought me some wool and silk that she spun herself. Her spinning wheel is so wonderful. They make electric ones now. Just doesn't seem right does it. Well, anyway, Cate tried to teach me how to spin. It isn't as easy as you think but I can see how relaxing it can be. She makes it seem so effortless and fun. My other really good friend, Karyn came over and tried it. She looked like she was having fun and seemed to pick it up quicker than I did. I really enjoyed the three of us being together spinning and knitting.

Cate's visit really got my creative juices flowing and I spend a couple of hours in the studio today working in the studio. I finished the hat I was making. Yeayyyy!!!! The only problem is that my middle finger joints are locking up. If it isn't one thing its another. Just one more thing to have the doctor check out. Hey, did you know that drinking alcohol keeps Rhumetoid Arthritis at bay? Like is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive