Saturday, October 31, 2009

Knitter to the left of me, Quilter to the right!

You are not going to believe this but my new friend Ruthie, who lives on the same road I do is a knitter. She is very good. I go with her on Tuesdays and Saturdays to a group of women who are wonderful knitters. The first night I went with her we met the others at a coffee shop. There were seven of us and it was great. Each of us is at a different skill level and Ruthie goes around helping each of us when we need it. They are a friendly group and love living on the mountain. I haven't been to the quilter's group yet but I am sure they are going to be fun as well.

On a not so happy note, Jay and I have had a blow dealt to us regarding our new home. We hired a chimney sweep to clean the chimney, only to be told that we cannot use the fireplace or the woodstove. The fireplace sold us the house and is absolutely beautiful but right now we are feeling angry and not terribly excited to be hear. Considering the fact that we were depending on wood heat to keep us warm. We will be taking steps to correct the situation but the whole ordeal has made it difficult to get motivated. On a happy note, our neighbors are wonderful and very supportive. They have kept our spirits up and have more than welcomed us to the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive