Tuesday, March 17, 2015

THE MANY FORMS OF MEDITATION

TRADITIONAL
 Where is spring?!  Right now it is not outside....there are no signs that it will be here in a day or two.  My saving grace is my daily meditation practice.  My practice has taken different forms over the thirty years.  I was trained in what is considered the traditional sitting method.  Eyes closed, observing my breath as it flows in and out, gently, softly.  Calm, quiet mind.  It is a form that I still practice.

Over the years I have studied other types of meditation such as walking meditations, yoga, and drawing.  I have found them all to be wonderful ways to quiet the mind, soothe the soul, and relax the body.  My fiber art is a form of meditation for me for when I am creating I am in that special place.  In my studio there are no boundaries, no limitations, including what materials I may or may not have at hand.  It is my bliss, my meditation.  Whatever stress I am feeling melts away.

It is so important to find a way to reduce our stress in these times. Being in the moment is the only way to be;  no matter what you are doing be there as you are doing it.  In the meantime, help me bring spring into being, even if it is only in your minds' eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive