Wednesday, October 8, 2014

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Gathering for a Zentangle class
I haven't had a chance to blog much more than once a month because we have been traveling so much. But that is not to say that I haven't had much to blog about because I have.  We worked up at the cabin, I gave Zentangle classes and I spent time at Kripalu in Massachusetts. The summer has taken us all over including a trip to North Carolina for my mom's birthday.  We had a great time especially since we were traveling with my sister and her husband along with our brother and his girlfriend.


"hippy" bar
We took a break in the middle of the festivities to walk to beach and explore the area where we had rented a wonderful beach house.  One of our finds was a  lovely "hippy" bar that we really enjoyed.  And it was right behind the beach house.  They only serve beer and wine which was fine with us.  It was nice taking time out just to hang with our favorite people.  It was clear that the owner was a collector of very odd things which gave us so much to look at.

Hangin' with my two favorite women.
It was so good to spend time at this place and be with family.  I wished I could have taken this place with us.  Despite our fun, however, it was good come home.  I missed my studio and my sewing machines.  No matter where I go I know that there truly is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive