Friday, October 24, 2014

STAND STILL

Tich Nhat Han is a wonderful Vietnamese author who has written many books like "The Miracle of Mindfulness" and "Peace In Every Step".  I was introduced to his wonderful work and Eastern Philosophy while in graduate school.  Being in the moment is a deeply embedded concept in Eastern philosophy and one that I try to practice all the time.  It helps to focus the mind and sharpen the senses.  It calms the nerves as well.  Lately though, I feel as if I have been standing still too long: that movement is needed in order for me to continue on this journey of mine.

Movement.  Such an underrated phenomenon.  Movement is good for me.  Standing still is good for me.  I wonder if I could do both at the same time.  Movement is what will help the creative process.  Standing Still will help me pay attention.  Well, I guess I should move and do some creating.  It is a very good day for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive