Sunday, July 21, 2013

HOME FROM ATLANTIC CITY

whim and fancy
I am still trying to get back to reality after having spent a wonderful
four days in Atlantic City.  We stayed at Caesars which was a real treat.  The artwork all around me was so inspirational it prompted me to take some shots and manipulate them so I can make mini quilts out of them.  This particular shot was inspired by the wonderful lighting designs at Bally's.

Isn't she lovely

This is another example of artwork that inspired me.  It was truly a fabulous environment for those of us who enjoy the arts.  It was all I could do not to return to my room to sew.  (My saving grace, of course was the fact that I didn't have my sewing machine with me.  Jay begged that I not take it because he knows how I can be and our going away was a birthday present from him to me.  What could I say?  I left it home.  I did bring some knitting though but was too tired from all of the excitement of playing the slots.  The next time we go I have to figure out how to sneak my sewing machine past hubby so I can take some of that wonderful artwork around me and turn it into  fabric creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive