Friday, January 20, 2012

MY AUNT MADDIE'S DRESS

This is a picture of my Aunt Maddie who passed away in 2011 at the age of 99.  She was an amazing woman who had many talents.  She loved playing the piano and she had a wonderful personality.  I wish I knew where this dress is.  I think it is amazing don't you?  Can you imagine if we wore dresses like this?  But then I think.....where would I wear it?  No one dresses up to go anywhere anymore.  Not even to church.  I wonder where she might have been going?  I remember that grandma used to get dressed every time she went out to dinner.  Of course, they didn't go very often but I would love the way she smelled and looked.  Whenever I design anything I try to implement some part of a vintage flair.  It is my way of paying homage to my grandmothers and my aunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive