Monday, December 5, 2011

WHAT IS CREATIVE MEDITATION

I spent  quite a bit of time today thinking about my creative process.  I chose the name Creative Meditations because the process for me is a meditation.  My time in the studio is focused and "in the moment".  My thoughts are centered around the project I am working on.  Sometimes the process is slow and deliberate and sometimes it is fast and furious.  It is much like a walking meditation but instead of walking and practicing mindfulness I am sewing or knitting or beading and am completely mindful of the art that flows through my hands.   Every creation begins with a meditation and every meditation begins with a quiet mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive