Friday, August 6, 2010

QUILT SHOW

Well, I am participating in my first quilt show with the Patchworkers and it is confusing. Setting up is harder than you think, especially when you don't know what you are doing! It should be fun though.

I have been looking at the Delmar group. They have 150 members and even have a website. What is most exciting for me is that they have an art quilt study group as an offshoot. Definitely going to explore them.

Cairo seems to have a wonderful group as well. They only have their shows every two years. I thought I might look in on them.

I am realizing how important it is to have the support of other like minded artists. It is so important to be involved in a group that challenges your talents which helps you begin to push the envelope on your creativity. A group that doesn't continue to explore and learn gets stagnant and they loose members that way. I have been thinking about searching other groups for that reason. The group I am in is a group of very wonderful people who are great quilters. They have lots of experience and like the group the way it is. It just doesn't fit me and like wearing clothes that are two tight, I feel like I am always trying to break out.

Well, back to the studio. Does anyone ever read this?

1 comment:

From the Studio

From the Studio
Paradise Found /private collection

Blog Archive